Why should a person seeking individual therapy contact a therapist at RelationshipSolutionsNJ.com?
We live in two worlds, the world outside of us, and the world in our heads. In many ways, our inner world is similar in structure to that of a play. All plays have a director and actors who characterize different roles. All of the actors are not on the stage all at once; rather, they enter and exit the stage as the scenes change. Likewise, our inner world is comprised of many parts like our inner judge, the people pleaser, the funny clown, the rebel or compliant person, as well as the other parts that make us unique. We also have a Director, who stands back and observes the various parts emerge. To achieve inner peace, we must become aware and make peace with of each of our parts. We enhance and strengthen the inner Director, so that our authentic self emerges and unifies our competing inner parts. Thus, at Relationship Solutions NJ, we emphasize improving our relationships within, as well as our external relationships with others. We treat:
- Empty Nest
Adult children won't leave the nest
Domestic Violence (Victims)
- Parenting Issues
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Stress Management
Are you or a loved one struggling with:
- Anxiety or worry?
- Excessive anger?
- Or other emotion that has led you to search for help?
You've put your heart and soul into raising your kids, They are leaving now. What will you do now?
Your adult children should have launched already. They are still at home. What do you do now?
You are retiring. How do you create a wonderful new stage of life?
Perhaps your struggle is internal. Or, perhaps you are having problems interacting with others. Or, maybe you are grappling with both.
Still unsure if therapy is the right option for you? Not convinced you even need help? Not sure that what you are feeling is worth talking to someone about?
Go through the checklist below and make a note of all the items that correspond with your own experience:
- Have you experienced a significant loss in your life, such as the loss of a loved one or a job?
- Do you find yourself consumed by worry and anxiety?
- Do you have angry outbursts, which you later feel guilty about? Then, do you experience feelings of shame, or feel as if you have failed at life in some way?
- You experience feelings of shame, or feel as if you have failed at life in some way?
- Do you often criticize yourself?
- Were you were traumatized, and can’t move forwards effectively?
- Do you have difficulty managing stress?
- Do you create stress because you are always procrastinating and wait until the last minute?
- Are you are impulsive, and often place yourself at risk (e.g., shoplifting, speeding, one night stands, unprotected sex, infidelity, over-spending, using alcohol or drugs unsafely, etc.)?
Do any of these sound familiar? You may not even feel as if any of this is a problem, but your loved ones might. This is where we come in.
At Relationship Solutions NJ, we offer psychotherapy for individuals, and treat a wide variety of age groups, from adolescents to the elderly.
How specifically do we help?
Each person we meet is unique, and brings a different constellation of issues. At our first meeting, we evaluate very thoroughly and carefully:
- Your presenting problems (what prompted you to call and make the appointment)?
- Your symptoms with this problem (are you sleeping? Eating? Crying a lot?)
- Your current living/ employment situation.
- Your family history.
- Your previous psychological/psychiatric history.
- Any and all other relevant information.
Then, based upon years of knowledge and experience, we create a unique treatment for you. Our treatments are made of five important building blocks:
- Compassion and validation of you and your situation.
- Our wealth of experience in successfully treating many conditions.
- Educating and informing you of information you may be missing.
- Assessing continually, in partnership with you, progress you are making or stumbling blocks you may be experiencing.
- Our knowledge and melding of evidence-based therapeutic strategies, which we apply to your unique situation
We incorporate methodology and techniques derived from Cognitive Behavioral therapy, Family Systems therapy, Interpersonal therapy, Transactional Analysis, Internal Family Systems, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and Psychodynamic therapy.